On Saturday, August 18, we’ll host two trainings in the new space (at Area 15, 514 E. 15th St, at the corner of North Davidson and 15th):
1-3pm // Anti-Repression training with a member of the Mutant Legal working group of Occupy Wall Street — A comprehensive anti-repression strategy training informed by experiences in New York as activists and legal workers. The workshop will also address jail support infrastructure planning with a focus on DNC organizing in Charlotte.
4-7pm // Outreach training and neighborhood canvassing
Many groups in NC and from around the country have been collaborating to envision what this space could be and how it will help to build longstanding community organizing campaigns on the ground in Charlotte.
This new space will be used for people to:
- Get oriented as they arrive in Charlotte
- Get maps, housing info, logistical info, etc.
- Help with banner making, art and puppet design, making signs, etc.
- Meet up and network with other activists from the South and the U.S.
- Hold workshops, discussions, and other meetings
Come earlier on Saturday if you can help set the space up and decorate!