5 Unmissable Things To See In Barcelona
Barcelona is a city that never sleeps, it’s a city of wonder and magic. There are so many things to do in Barcelona and often people don’t know where to start. To get the most out of your visit to Barcelona plan ahead to make sure the best things for you.
- See the works of Gaudi – There are so many Gaudi works around the city, from the beautiful Park Güel to the unfinished masterpiece Sagrada Familia which is expected to be completed in 40 to 50 years. The best way to see these sites is with a comfortable Gaudi Tour because Gaudi’s work is so complex it’s best to have someone to uncover things that you don’t see within his work.
- Camp Nou – For football fans, Camp Nou is a temple to football. Here you can tour the grounds of Barcelona FC one of the most successful football clubs in the world and chart their history from small local club to international stardom. As one of the largest football stadiums in the world Camp Nou is amazing to see even if you are not a football fan.
- Barcelona’s Musuems – There are too many amazing museums to see in Barcelona, make sure you research what interests you and to visit them. Museu Nacional d’Art de Catalunya is particularly amazing with it’s huge collection of Romanesque freshcoes.
- La Ramblas – In the centre of Barcelona, La Ramblas is known for its busy shopping streets and winding lanes. There is a huge amount to explore and discover here, many tourests spend a full day exploring the winding streets here and hidden shops. This is the historial centre of Barcelona and you will see the varying architectural styles thought the ages.
- Montserrat Monastery – A short journey away from Barcelona and pearched on a jagged mountain, Montserrat is a place of pure peace and solitude. A favourate of tourists and locals alike. Montserrat is a Benedictine monastery and is reached using a cable train which climbs the mountain. Going to Montserrat is a great way to experience the unique landscape of the Catalonian region.
Make sure you plan your trip to Barcelona before you go, there are so many amazing places to see and so many things to do that to get the most out of your trip you need to make an itinerary. It’s worth using a tour guide to get the most out of your trip, especially in Barcelona’s historical district and when exploring Barcelona’s beautiful buildings.